Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Good intentions

Today, October 14 2008, I have decided to finally buckle down to blogging discipline. I've thought of myself as a (frustrated) writer for years, but haven't been writing. I don't know whether I'll have an audience here, and that's not even the most important thing: from now on I'll be writing at least one post a day. The discipline and the practice can't help but improve my craft, even if no-one ever reads this.

So what's going to be here? A miscellany, what else? So far it's just jokes; any jokes I post will be ones that I made up myself - I can't promise that nobody else thought of them first, but I will promise that I've never heard them. Essays: political, philosophical, humorous... Recipes, maybe. Very short fiction, or a serial? Don't know yet.
I'll try, anyway, to always have some point - I read too many one-sentence blog posts that feel like total wastes of time.

No comments: